things i've blogged about

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Working Joyfully

Being joyful at work. It shouldn't be that hard...right? I love my job. Well, actually, I love about 60% of my job. Unfortunately, it's the other 40% that gives me job security (thank you Enron and Sarbanes Oxley).

Lately, I have found it so difficult to get motivated and be productive. I haven't even enjoyed organizing things (gasp). I have also noticed that a bad mood (usually mine) can spread like wild fire in this cubical farm that is my home away from home.

So can I be more joyful at work? Can my good mood lift the spirits of those around me? I hope so. I believe I have to start by taking things less personally. If my boss wants some of my work done in a different way, who cares! It's just work. If the cell phone of the guy next to me rings fifteen times a day playing that awful ring tone, that shouldn't ruin my day! It's mind over matter, right?! At the very least, I can SMILE more.

But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful. Psalm 68:3


  1. I definitely think we have a choice in our attitude for the day, which affects how much we enjoy our work and those around us. Choosing joy is the best!

    I also think this time of the year is hard for the non-spring breaking working crowd. I need a vacation. :)

    Hang in there, girl!

  2. When I began reading your posting for a moment I thought I had written it myself. You are right. It is our choice as to our attitude toward any situation.