things i've blogged about

Monday, May 12, 2008

The Yard

Sorry that we haven’t updated in awhile. We have been very busy. This weekend we were able to do a few things around the yard. I installed some more edging for a flower bed, but still have more to go. Luckily I didn’t break any water lines this time.

I also dug up some plants that we had around our laundry house. We didn’t like them very much so figured we could plant something else in their place. I think we may run some vines or something to screen off that porch. That will come later I’m sure. Leigh planted a few more things and fixed some of the other plants that Vega and the squirrels had messed up.

I also had the bright idea to buy a bird feeder. I hung that and noticed today that almost all of the bird seed was gone. I decided to watch it for awhile as I didn’t think birds would be eating that much food. Sure enough, the squirrels had found it. Oh well, they may not be aliv…err…around much longer to enjoy it. I have however seen some cardinals, doves, and blue jays eating from it as well. So, hopefully more birds will come.

Sorry I don’t have any pictures from this weekend. Maybe I will get some up next weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Ha Ha! Keep those guns closed up safe! My grandfather loved to feed the birds. He had several birdfeeders and I watched him fill them on several occasions. (they always seemed to be empty, too) He did some squirrel-proofing with small sheets of metal. Didn't look the best, but I think it did it's job. You are going to need a bird sighting guide now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll let you borrow our bird book whenever you need it!!! As you know, we really enjoy out feeders. You never know what will show up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor birds--those squirrels stealing their food.

    I'm going to link to you guys!

    ReplyDelete