things i've blogged about

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mr. President

In January of 1996, then Governor George Bush attended a function in Cleburne, Texas. My dad was also in attendance, met now President Bush and this picture was taken.
After being given this picture, my Dad came home and stuck it on the mirror in my room. I won't tell you how old I was in 1996 but lets just say that I was too young to be in charge of what turned out to be a very special picture. I mean how many people can say that they have a picture of themselves with the President of the United States?

Not my Dad! For all the years President Bush was in office, all my Dad could say is, "I had my picture taken with President Bush but my daughter lost it." (I don't think he really ever said that but I still felt bad.)

Then, several months ago, my parents did a mass cleaning out of their attic and guess what they found...the picture!!! I didn't lose it after all!! I was so excited! What a cool thing for my Dad to have! I just had to share it!

1 comment:

  1. Big sigh of relief for you, huh?! Weren't you still in diapers in 1996?! HA HA!! Just kidding!!

    ReplyDelete