Before we moved away from the old house our neighbor put three old dining room chairs out by the curb. Being the “see potential in anything” person I am I grabbed them! (So the chairs were free)
I decided to use two of them in our dining room on either side of our sideboard. So I went to JoAnn’s and picked up some material off the sale rack and used a gift card (i.e. free). Then I painted the chairs black using the paint I got for this project (…no additional cash spent). And here is the finished product! I did not sand or do any prep work to the chairs. They are in fairly bad shape and as they cost nothing, I decided they weren’t any extra time or energy. The recovering job was very easy with the help of my staple gun. I am going a slightly different direction with the third chair…trying out a new technique. I’ll let you guys know how that turns out…if it turns out well that is.