things i've blogged about

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Love Free Stuff

Before we moved away from the old house our neighbor put three old dining room chairs out by the curb. Being the “see potential in anything” person I am I grabbed them! (So the chairs were free)



I decided to use two of them in our dining room on either side of our sideboard. So I went to JoAnn’s and picked up some material off the sale rack and used a gift card (i.e. free). Then I painted the chairs black using the paint I got for this project (…no additional cash spent). And here is the finished product! I did not sand or do any prep work to the chairs. They are in fairly bad shape and as they cost nothing, I decided they weren’t any extra time or energy. The recovering job was very easy with the help of my staple gun. I am going a slightly different direction with the third chair…trying out a new technique. I’ll let you guys know how that turns out…if it turns out well that is.


No comments:

Post a Comment